Dry brewing yeast Belle Saison - 10g
Belle Saison is an ale yeast of Belgian origin selected for its ability to produce great Saison-style beer. The propagation and drying processes have been specifically designed to deliver high quality beer yeast that can be used simply and reliably to help produce ales of the finest quality. No colours, preservatives or other unnatural substances have been used in its preparation. The yeast is produced in ISO 9002-certified plants.
1. Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 5 days above 17°C
2. High attenuation and high alcohol tolerance
3. Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of wort
4. Low flocculation rate; settling can be promoted by cooling and by using fining agents and isinglass
5. Saison beers are quite unique to brew. During fermentation, cooling is not normally used, allowing temperature of fermentation to increase
6. Aroma is fruity, spicy and peppery due to ester and phenol production, and does not display undesirable odours when properly handled.
- Recommended fermentation temperature: 16°С ÷ 18°С
- 100 g/hl
Use 100 g of active dry yeast to inoculate 100 litres of wort. Brewer may experiment with pitching rate to achieve a desired beer style or to suit processing conditions.
Sprinkle yeast on surface of 10 times its weight of clean sterilized (boiled) tap water at 30-35°C. Do not use wort, or distilled or reverse osmosis water, as loss in viability may result. GENTLY break any clumps to ensure that all yeast is in contact with rehydration medium. DO NOT STIR. Leave undisturbed for 15 minutes then suspend yeast completely and leave it for 5 more minutes at 30-35°C. Then adjust temperature to wort and inoculate without delay.
Attemperate by blending portions of wort at 5-minute intervals, below 10°C at a time. Do not allow attemperation to be carried out by natural heat loss as this will take too long and could result in loss of viability or vitality.
Temperature shock, at greater than 10°C, will cause formation of petite mutants, leading to long or incomplete fermentation and possible formation of undesirable flavours.
Belle Saison Yeast has been conditioned to survive rehydration, and contains an adequate reservoir of carbohydrates and unsaturated fatty acids to achieve active growth. It is not necessary to aerate wort.
Storage – store in cool and dry conditions.
Offered package – Package with 10 g of product – 2,20 Euro